Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ready to look the part...

Time for changes in 2013!  I've lost weight, my races are planned for the season (remember, midwest running = racing spring to fall) but am a novice when it comes to proper nutrition and racing gear.  I am the first to admit my diet sucks.  It seems too expensive to eat properly-am I the only one that thinks so?  So for now I am sticking with fruit, veggies, chicken, fish, occasional red meat-maybe once a week, whole wheat English muffins, eggs, nuts, water, coffee and Powerade (never been a soda drinker and lactose intolerant so milk is out).  

As far as racing gear goes, I live in a city that has two sports stores-Scheels and Finish Line, can you say lame-o!  Shoe selection is limited unless you are going for look instead of comfort, and running gear is very limited for women ie.. warm up pants, running gloves, knee high compression socks-if you can't fit into men's sizes you're out of luck sister and accessories...forget it-watches/garmens, gu, shot blocks, sun glasses, glide anti-chaffing sticks, etc..ugh!
 
Anyone care to weigh in and help a sista out?  Diet advice for energy and quick recovery? 

No comments:

Post a Comment