Tuesday, January 29, 2013

You're hired!

Today I decided it was time to add another mile to my runs, so now I am running...wait for it...4 whole miles ha ha.  I know you are all running double digit miles, but I'm a beginner.  I'll get there some day.  Unfortunately, it was very slippery out today (I couldn't even walk without sliding) so over to the mini track I go.

 
 It wouldn't be so bad but 17 times around for 1 mile?  Really?  I lose track every time I run there.
Me: "Was that 13 or 14? Ugh!"

Please forgive the picture quality, it was foggy/dewy all day yet warm enough for a nice run outside but the lovely slush on top of ice prevented it...boo hiss!

On a lighter note, I have been waiting to hear back for what seems like a week but in reality was 24 hours about an assistant coaching job for a local high school track team I interviewed for yesterday (yes, 24 hours ago, learn to be patient, J) and I got the job!  Yippee.  This is my first, paid coaching job and I couldn't be more excited!  There's nothing like being able to pursue your passion and get paid for it.

Anyone else done some coaching, care to share your experiences?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment