Monday, February 25, 2013

Week 1

The longest race I have ever run is a 5k, you heard me right.  The furthest I have ever run is about 6 miles.  That's just not enough for me so I'm saying it here and now...I am going to run my very first 1/2 marathon, dun dun dun!  May 5th is the Eau Claire Marathon here in my home town.  I paid my registration fee, so there's no going back now, help!

I found these workouts by Hal Higdon and combined two to challenge myself without setting myself up for failure.

Sunday: Rest - I can handle that
Monday: Run 3 miles  
Tuesday: 6X400 at 5k pace (oops, I was supposed to do 5)
Wednesday: Cross train
Thursday: Stretch & strengthing
Friday: Run 3 miles
Saturday: Run 5 miles  

Piece of cake.  I know, I know, I have no idea what's coming.  Trying to stay positive here.

No comments:

Post a Comment