Monday, November 21, 2016

Microphone check 1-2...is this thing on???







My how time flies...It's been over 3 years since I've blogged said with a side whisper.   Well, I'm back and excited to get after it again.  I guess I'm basically just starting over...??

I've decided to chronicle my journey as I train for a half marathon.  There, I said it out loud so now I must commit!  No, I've never run 13.1 miles in my life.  The longest race I've ever run is a 5K which by the way was September 2015 I believe.  So, on that note...

Day 1 of half marathon training:

7 minute warm up
Run 2.04 mile out & back route (in 37 degree brisk weather)
Time: 18:39
Splits: 9:08/9:07/:24
Pace: 9:075 ??  my Garmin says 9:08 but I don't like that rounding
Foam rolled & stretched


1st run in the books and I'm feeling good about this...ignorance is bliss ya'll.


Image result for what have i gotten myself into meme


Have a blessed day!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment