Sunday, November 27, 2016

Week 1 is in the books, folks!  Not that I did anything hard or strenuous by any means last week, but I got my body movin' and I'm excited to go on this crazy adventure.  

My "projected" schedule for the week looks like this...dun...dun...duuuunnnn...

Week 2 of half marathon training:

Sunday: 2 mile easy run
Monday: X-training
Tuesday: 2 miles
Wednesday: 1 hour Yoga session
Thursday X-training
Friday: 2 miles
Saturday: Rest

I'm not exactly sure how this is going to work out for me as I have only run two days this past week and had 2 full rest (do absolutely nothing regarding training) days but I have to get moving sometime right?  And do to my age, chronologically, I am aware I need to listen to my body if I want to make it to race day soooo, this is all subject to change.

Right now, my cross training days are probably going to be 15 minutes on the Precore and 15 minutes biking for a total of 30 minutes.  Next week I am going to start lifting weights to add to my cross training days.

So that I can go back and check on my progress, today I did:

5 minute warm up
Ran easy 2.05 miles outs & back route (in 40 degree cool weather-wind in my face the whole way back)
Time: 19:05
Splits: 9:05/9:33/:27
Pace: 9:19


Foam rolled & stretched (Houston...we STILL have knots!)

Be blessed,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment