Wednesday, November 23, 2016

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have not been to this blog in over 3 years but I'm back because I want to keep myself accountable if nothing else for my training.  

So, I thought I would go back and read my last post from eons ago just to see what I was up to and what do you know...I'm right back to where I started (and gave up) last time: "the furthest I've ever raced is a 5K...I'm signing up to do this half marathon...ignorance is bliss"...blah blah blah!  Nothing has changed in 3 1/2 years???  Ugh!  I might as well just cut and paste that last post!  Actually, I'm just going to pretend I didn't even see it and just move forward, you know, kind of like when you're shopping in the clothing department and you see someone touch a shirt they are paging through and it drops off of the hanger and they "pretend" they don't see it and just keep moving on?  Yeah, that's gonna be me now.

Today I signed up for the EC Half Marathon which is about 24 weeks from now.  I paid the registration fee and refuse to let it go to waste like last time (that was the 1 and only time I will do that).  I am giving myself plenty of time to do it right this time so I can get a base in, really be conscious about my training, and combat any injury that might try the sneak attack me.

Day 3 of half marathon training:

Today was a rest day so I went to a 1 hr Yoga session.  It was my 2nd time in a year.  I did things I didn't know I could do  (insert confused look on my face here)

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, yay!  Enjoy your loved ones.

Be blessed,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment